RESOURCES FOR THE MEDIA. This page is intended to provide quick access to the Center’s newest data and reports. If you are looking for information about a particular issue, such as advocacy or governance, or data on a particular place, such as a state or country, please use our publications database to search by keyword.
For media inquiries or interview requests, please contact Chelsea Newhouse.
U.S. nonprofit employment
This is the newest national-level report from our Nonprofit Economic Data Project. For previous reports and state-level coverage, click here.
Current issues facing U.S. nonprofits
This is the most recent Communiqué from our Nonprofit Listening Post Project. For other recently covered issues, click here.
International comparative data
Our most recent comparative data on nonprofit revenue sources, employment, philanthropy, and volunteering across countries.
Center news releases.
- [News Release] Nonprofits show job growth during decade of turmoil but still lose market share
- [News Release] Nonprofits and the Information Revolution (2010)
- [News Release] Despite Gloomy Jobs Picture, Michigan Nonprofit Employment Grows (2010)
- [News Release] Kellogg Foundation Joins Coalition Supporting Johns Hopkins New Frontiers of Philanthropy Project (2010)
- [News Release] Nonprofits a surprising bright spot in national jobs picture (2010)
- [News Release] Recession Taking a Toll on Nonprofit Workers and Programs (2010)
- [News Release] Survey Reveals Widespread Innovation at Nation’s Nonprofits: Most nonprofits now measuring their programs’ effectiveness (2010)
- [News Release] Taxing the Tax-Exempt Sector: New Report from Johns Hopkins Listening Post Project (2011)
- [News Release] Nonprofit Job Growth in Maryland Defies Recession (2010)
- [News Release] Escalating Pension Costs Hurting Nonprofits (2009)
- [News Release] Johns Hopkins Survey Reveals Hidden Dimension of Health Care Crisis: Escalating health care costs have become issue no. 1 for many nonprofits (2009)
- [News Release] Perfect Storm of Fiscal Stress Hits Nonprofits (2009)
- [News Release] Nonprofits Seek Increased Support for Advocacy: Concerns over offending donor base and board members also barriers (2009)
- [News Release] Nonprofit Leaders to President and Congress: 1 Million Charities Are Ready To Help: Unprecedented Declaration calls for renewing America’s compact with its “citizen sector.” (2009)
- [News Release] Billions in Nonprofit Projects Halted by Credit Crisis: Johns Hopkins researchers estimate $166 billion in infrastructure projects delayed nationwide (2009)
- [News Release] Mapping Volunteer Work Around the World: World’s Labor Statisticians Adopt New Guidelines for Measuring Volunteering (2008)
- [News Release] Nonprofits Face Serious Constraints on Policy Involvement: Charities widely engaged in advocacy work despite limitations, new survey finds (2008)
- [News Release] First-Ever Global Assembly on Measuring Civil Society and Volunteering: UN and Johns Hopkins improving data on the global nonprofit sector (2007)
- [News Release] Putting Volunteer Work on the Economic Map of the World: Johns Hopkins, International Labour Organization, and United Nations Join Forces (2007)